- D2.1 VLEO Aerodynamics Requirements Document (PDF, 2.77 MB)
This document is the result of an in depth study from the principles of orbital aerodynamics to the definition of requirements for a set of satellite platforms covering Earth Observation applications taking advantage of operating in Very Low Earth Orbit (VLEO) and making use of aerodynamic technologies.
- D2.2 VLEO EO Satellite Aerodynamic Control Techniques and Mechanisms (PDF, 2.64 MB)
This report documents the development of novel aerodynamic control manoeuvres, principally designed for EO satellite platforms operating in the very low Earth orbit (VLEO) altitude range. This document follows the work reported in D2.1 VLEO Aerodynamics Requirements Document [RD-1] which provided a comprehensive review of the state in aerodynamic attitude and orbit control and associated technologies.
- D4.1 Literature Review of ABEP systems (PDF, 1.83 MB)
The report aims to support the development of system models for VLEO platforms by identifying the state of the art and trends in technology developments for atmosphere-breathing electric propulsion (ABEP) development. A literature review of ABEP system studies is presented, beginning with the concept of ABEP, its advantages and intended application.
- D5.2 Literature Review of the Benefits and Applications of Very Low Earth Orbits for Earth Observation (PDF, 1.05 MB)
This report describes the individual benefits which are related to performing spacecraft operations in VLEO compared to higher-altitude orbits in LEO and applies these benefits to the Earth Observation (EO) systems and applications identified in the DISCOVERER D2.1 VLEO Aerodynamics Requirements [RD-1] and D5.1 Market Overview [RD-2] reports, providing an overview of the benefits of VLEO to different types of EO missions.
- D5.5 Canvas business models for the most promising system concepts (PDF, 2.17 MB)
The aim of this document is to produce a set of Business Models (BM) for the most promising concepts of exploitation of VLEO for EO purposes. Even though the DISCOVERER project objectives are just related to the BM for the DISCOVERER technologies, this documents extends its scope to the whole VLEO exploitation spectrum.
- APPENDIX D5.5 – Case Studies of successful companies (PDF, 2.17 MB)
This appendix will present the Case Study of Planet Labs. Planet Labs is an Earth Observation company, owner and developer of multiple Small Sats constellations, used for Earth Observation purposes.
- D7.2 Release of the project website and communication package (logo, flyer, social media announcement) (PDF, 4.36 MB)
- D7.3 Interim report on training activities to prepare next generation of scientists (PDF, 0.49 MB)